Welcome to ADJOAA!
We’re so glad you’re here.
ADJOAA is a curated multi-brand online marketplace for premium sustainable fashion and lifestyle brands by African and black diaspora designers.
Find the beat of your own drum, in 100% ethically-sourced cotton, and every color of the rainbow.©
ADJOAA is founded with an enterprising spirit and a visionary objective: to spotlight and elevate designers of African descent, grow community and drive social change.
We are proud to host a unique and talented collective of premium creatives, and to celebrate the curiosity, complexity, and craft-person-ship of African and Black diaspora designers, as both innovators and cultural taste makers of discerning, premium design.
We are on a mission to tackle systemic barriers and build a global platform that challenges the status quo by providing makers, curators, creators, writers, and image-makers from underrepresented backgrounds the opportunity to have their creative perspectives realised.
We welcome you to join us on this journey.
The narrative of African designers and makers belongs to them, and that designers of African descent deserve more equity in the world of premium fashion. We are doing our bit by supporting emerging sustainable designers from around the African continent and diaspora, and connecting them with conscientious and progressive consumers.
We share their crafts and expertise with a wider audience while leading the way for socially conscious businesses that care about the people, the planets and profits.
Dress up with us and share our story©.
To amplify and spotlight ‘’Made in Africa’’ and brands by the black diaspora. We exist to demystify the monolithic narrative about African and black people by challenging fashion buyers and global customers to discover, and fall in love with, consciously and thoughtfully made brands from the Continent of Africa and the diaspora.
In doing so, we aim to build transformative solutions for the African fashion ecosystem while contributing to positive social change on a local, regional and global level.
For a wardrobe that challenges the status quo.©
To be the trusted go-to customer-centered online marketplace for consumers to find
well-made, stylish and great value premium fashion and lifestyle brands.
A premium fashion marketplace that has room for you.©
We are an impact-focused fashion and lifestyle retailer. We use fashion as a tool to accelerate economic development and create a sustainable and positive impact.
We champion and tell an authentic story of African and black diaspora creatives, makers and designers. We empower and shift the narrative to quality and unique craftsmanship that’s worthy of our regional and global consumers.
We partner and support creatives reviving and preserving traditions and those reclaiming black aesthetics through new and innovative premium designs. To us, fashion is not only armour, it is also a weapon to fight inequality of representation.
Creating social change through fashion.©
We live to feel connected to something bigger than ourselves; shaped by the stories of our past and the strength of our future. We offer equity to every person we welcome to our platform.
We exist to provide our audience with access to material things that make them feel good, and ideas that make them feel better. We always aim to provide them with the tools they need to make decisions that are right for them, with full transparency.
We chaperone a growing collective of skilled makers and creatives. We live to lift each other up, invite everyone to the table, and add a touch of beauty and humanity to everyday living.
Come for the clothes, stay for the conversation.©
We are a small but tight-knit team based across Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Italy, Australia and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for ambitious, self-starting and dedicated individuals with a ‘’can do’’
attitude to fill several internship positions with ADJOAA. The ability to work remotely,
independently and as part of a collaborative team is desired.
We welcome anyone looking to build their portfolio as well as those with prior work experience to apply.
Available positions in each of the roles listed below:
Junior Buyers: Commercial Mens, Commercial Womens, Accessories and Lifestyle Products.
- Content and Social Media : Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Virtual Marketing, copywriters (fashion, beauty, skincare, home decor), Ecommerce & SEO.
- Graphic Designers: Graphic designer for presentation design and social media content.
- Marketing & Communication: PR, Brand Marketing, Partnerships, Events and Promotions.
- Operational Excellence: Order Fulfilment, Inventory Management, Client Relations, Logistics & Supply Chain, Customer Experience.
- Creative Production: Visual Merchandisers/product styling, Stylists, Photographers, Videographers and Production Assistants.
Ideal candidates must be currently enrolled in a university and eligible to receive course credit. Interns must have a strong interest and/or experience in fashion design, marketing, branding, print design, entrepreneurship and e-commerce and preferably majoring in any of the following:
- Business and Commerce degree, Creative writing and publishing, Journalism, E-commerce and Merchandising, Logistics and Supply chain and Web development.
- Fashion, Public Relations, Communication, Digital Marketing, Engineering and development studies.
Our organisation is about diversity, representation and achieving equity and consistent with those values, we are looking for students from diverse backgrounds and people from minority backgrounds are especially encouraged.
- Gain industry experience at an emerging startup.
- Develop your communication, interpersonal, time management and project-related skills.
- Receive mentoring support, letters of recommendation and opportunity for future work.
- Hands-on learning in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Receive exclusive shop credits
How To Apply
If interested, please email to ADJOAA at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your CV/Portfolio and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Interviews will take place over Zoom or Google Meet.
- Job Type: Volunteer Internships; for course credit/unit
- Schedule: Flexible but must be available to work evenings and some weekends at their availability.
- Duration: A minimum of 3 months, preferably 3 days a week or 10-15 hours/week.
- Location: Fully Remote. We have teammates in Australia, New Zealand and parts of Sub-saharan Africa.